• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

That's because it's right.

The_Crusade

haferhole1

my turn!
I am a word of meanings three.
Three ways of spelling me there be.
The first is an odour, a smell if you will.
The second some money, but not in a bill.
The third is past tense, a method of passing things on or around.

Can you tell me now, what these words are, that have the same sound?

click my egg to get ur own

The_Crusade

Can't be bothered now. Dodger will get this before I can. Good luck :D

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

haferhole1

click my egg to get ur own

flamingdragon

100 prisoners are imprisoned in solitary cells. Each cell is windowless and soundproof. There's a central living room with one light bulb; the bulb is initially off. No prisoner can see the light bulb from his or her own cell. Each day, the warden picks a prisoner equally at random, and that prisoner visits the central living room; at the end of the day the prisoner is returned to his cell. While in the living room, the prisoner can toggle the bulb if he or she wishes. Also, the prisoner has the option of asserting the claim that all 100 prisoners have been to the living room. If this assertion is false (that is, some prisoners still haven't been to the living room), all 100 prisoners will be shot for their stupidity. However, if it is indeed true, all prisoners are set free and inducted into MENSA, since the world can always use more smart people. Thus, the assertion should only be made if the prisoner is 100% certain of its validity.

Before this whole procedure begins, the prisoners are allowed to get together in the courtyard to discuss a plan. What is the optimal plan they can agree on, so that eventually, someone will make a correct assertion?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

If the prisoner has been in the living room before, then he leaves the light on.

Disregarding the days when the light is left on, everyone will have visited the room after 100 days.

flamingdragon

WRONG

Only one prisoner would be able to see if the light was on or off the last day, and they can not talk to each other.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

th3_gu3st

considering that the prison is soundless if they have been there they can click the light string once which would make a clicking sound everyone can here kinda like moris code

Dodger

LEARN TO SPELL. Or at least use the spell checker.

The_Crusade

That answer makes as much sense as a swimming pigeon.

Dodger

Indeed.

Screw the bulb. Get each prisoner to make a mark on the wall with his fingernail the first time he enters the room.

When there are 100 marks, all of them have been.

flamingdragon

Quote from: th3_gu3st on November 16, 2006, 04:20:00 PM
considering that the prison is soundless if they have been there they can click the light string once which would make a clicking sound everyone can here kinda like moris code

It says right in the riddle that each prison is soundproof, retard.  ::)

Quote from: Dodger on November 16, 2006, 04:50:44 PM
Screw the bulb. Get each prisoner to make a mark on the wall with his fingernail the first time he enters the room. When there are 100 marks, all of them have been.

:o
That seems like it might work, I will submit it to the riddle forum to check if it works.
However there is another one, try and get it.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Quote from: flamingdragon on November 16, 2006, 11:37:28 PM
That seems like it might work, I will submit it to the riddle forum to check if it works.
However there is another one, try and get it.

No.