• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haferhole1

neither did i, but thanks 2 mathwiz, i got it right   :D

click my egg to get ur own

MathWiz20

It wanted the lowest number possible that is divisible by 7 and leaves a remainder of 1 if divided by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Basically, it had to end in 1 or 6 to leave a remainder of 1 for 5, but then u know it has to end in 1 so dividing by 2 would get a remainder of 1.  Other than that...it's kind of trial and error...it's easy to figure out if 4 will leave a remainder of 1...with 3 you can add up all the digits of the number, and if you get a number 1 greater than a multiple of 3, then it works for 3...6 ain't so hard either.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

MathWiz20

Oh...I almost forgot...

A mother has two sons.  They both ask her for money so they can buy some candy.  One son finished his chores on time, so the mother gives him 15 cents.  To the other son, who finished his chores only after the mother scolded him, the mother gives 10 cents.

What time is it?
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on April 17, 2006, 10:50:48 PM
Oh...I almost forgot...

A mother has two sons.  They both ask her for money so they can buy some candy.  One son finished his chores on time, so the mother gives him 15 cents.  To the other son, who finished his chores only after the mother scolded him, the mother gives 10 cents.

What time is it?

one apple + two bananas - 25 cents   = 4 'o' clock

The_Gu3st

Dodger, wtf are you talking about? Where did the apple and banana come from?

ultswordsman

u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Dodger

God, it's sooo obvious.  :P

Bakster

It's 23:02 GMT at the time I press 'Post'

MathWiz20

Quote from: Bakster on April 18, 2006, 12:34:35 AM
It's 23:02 GMT at the time I press 'Post'

Lol not what I meant...what time is it at the time of the situation I described?

Bakster

How are we supposed to know? You never specified, and there is no way of finding out.

haferhole1

u guys are retarded, i posted this riddle earlier, even know it was near the begining of the thread.  its 1:45

the mother gave the boys a total of 25 cents: a quarter, and she split in between 2 boys. so its a quarter to 2 AKA 1:45

Dodger

Quote from: haferhole1 on April 18, 2006, 01:16:59 AM
u guys are retarded, i posted this riddle earlier, even know it was near the begining of the thread.  its 1:45

the mother gave the boys a total of 25 cents: a quarter, and she split in between 2 boys. so its a quarter to 2 AKA 1:45

wtf..

The_Gu3st

I still don't understand dodger's explanation at all, and I highly (very highly) doubt that ults does either.

I understand hafer's, but I disagree with it. What if it was 25 pennies or 2 dime and a nickle or some other variant of coins?

haferhole1

it still adds up to 25 cents, which is a quarter. dodger might not get it because im not sure if in the uk the called quarters or not, but  that is the answer, when i posted the riddle earlier, i had gotten it off a site, after seeing the same riddle posted on 2 pther sites

MathWiz20

The answer that I've always known is "25 to 2" meaning 1:35, NOT 1:45.

But maybe there are two ways of interpreting the riddle.  Sorry if you've posted this already...this is my first time in the unrelated part of the forum  :D