• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Quote from: haferhole1 on April 15, 2006, 08:46:49 AM
;D

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

Ask one of the doors (for simplicity say the door on the right), "Would the other door tell me that this door leads to the City of Truth?"

If he says yes, and is telling the truth that must mean the other door is lying, so the door on the right will lead to the City of Truth.
If he says yes, and is lying, then he is lying about what the other door will say, meaning still that the door on the right will lead to the City of Truth.

If he says no, then the same conditions apply as before, but the door on the left will be the right one.  :)

Rather detailed explanation, but that's one of my favorite riddles.

Dodger

Quote from: haferhole1 on April 15, 2006, 09:01:53 AM
i just realized answer is 1 of the words that you can spell many different ways and it still sounds the same, or close enough

answer
ansure
ansir
ansor
ansar
anser

theres probly more

But all of those spelling are not words  ???

Quote40 BONUS POINTS!!! note:im not taking points anymore since i no longer have edit

Eight and five, last name and given,
We are one six six six even;
The first in cow, the last in oxen
Three in damsel, three in vixen.

Question: What are we called?

i highly dought any one will anser this right without looking it up, so if u need a hint to help you ansare it, ill give it to u

Give us a hint then :(

Dodger

Quote from: Dodger on April 15, 2006, 09:53:21 AM
Ask one of the doors (for simplicity say the door on the right), "Would the other door tell me that this door leads to the City of Truth?"

If he says yes, and is telling the truth that must mean the other door is lying, so the door on the right will lead to the City of Truth.
If he says yes, and is lying, then he is lying about what the other door will say, meaning still that the door on the right will lead to the City of Truth.

If he says no, then the same conditions apply as before, but the door on the left will be the right one.  :)

Sorry, just realised this should say left.

SiR gUt

1.Imagine u r driving a train.....

Pls feel free 2 write ne of this down....

U go to the first stop and 10 ppl get on this train.....

At the next 5 ppl get off the train and anotha 20 get on....

Anotha 5 get off and 4 get on at the next station....

And at the final station, 2 ppl get off the train and 7 get on...

From all of this can u tell me the name of the driver?

2. This old guy is building a pond it will be a perfectly shaped 10mx10m pond....

On this pond will b lily pads and they will be 1cmx 1cm and they will b set out perfectly....

Now dead in the middle of this pond is a frog sat on the lily pad that is also dead in the middle......

Think about this nxt bit.....

How many lily pads must this frog jump over 2 get to the side?....
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

haferhole1

Quote from: Dodger on April 15, 2006, 09:53:21 AM

gj, i also would have accepted to ask, "what door would you have told me 5 minutes ago?" think about it.

Quote from: Dodger on April 15, 2006, 09:55:34 AM
Give us a hint then :(

One of five, I the only one,
One in cat, two in mitten,
Two are odd, five are even
Seven in all, one in seven.

thats not a new riddle, just an add on to the original 1 to help u guys out

click my egg to get ur own

haferhole1

Quote from: SiR gUt on April 15, 2006, 10:28:55 AM

2. This old guy is building a pond it will be a perfectly shaped 10mx10m pond....
On this pond will b lily pads and they will be 1cmx 1cm and they will b set out perfectly....
Now dead in the middle of this pond is a frog sat on the lily pad that is also dead in the middle......

was there a point to all the spaces? c how easily i got rid of them?

well, 1, his name is frank
and 2, dunno, probly easy

click my egg to get ur own

SiR gUt

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

SiR gUt

There was a man who in a house that had no windows, doors, or stairs. It was a two story building and he was on the second floor. On the 1st floor there was a piano and on the 2nd floor there was a mirror and a table.

How did he get out?

Dodger

Quote from: SiR gUt on April 15, 2006, 10:28:55 AM

The name of the driver is Dodger. :)

Umm...500?

Dodger

Sorry, didn't notice hafer answered the other riddle

Quote from: SiR gUt on April 15, 2006, 10:46:40 AM
There was a man who in a house that had no windows, doors, or stairs. It was a two story building and he was on the second floor. On the 1st floor there was a piano and on the 2nd floor there was a mirror and a table.

How did he get out?

He broke the table in half, then put the two halves together to make a (w)hole, and escaped through the hole  ;)

Bakster

I haven't read past this post yet, I assume all the questions have already been answered. But I like good puzzles!

1. Take the number of your fingers multiplied by the number of you toes divided by one half and add it to the number of months in a year. What is the total?

2. A mother and father have six sons and each son has one sister. How many people are in that family?

3. Jenn has half the Beanie Babies that Mollie has. Allison has 3 times as many as Jenn. Together they have 72. How many Beanie Babies does each girl have?

*Gets his pen and paper out and quickly arrives at...*

Jenn has 12
Mollie has 24
Allison has 36

4. Kevin is 14 inches taller than George. The difference between Kevin and Richard is two inches less than between Richard and George. Kevin at 6'6" is the tallest. How tall are Richard and George ?

George = 5'4"
Richard = 5'11"

5. A baseball team had just won the championship game and the players wanted to congratulate each other. They began shaking hands, but each player only shook hands with every other player just once. There are, of course, only 9 players on a baseball team. How many times did the players shake hands?

6. A jar has 4 amoebas in it to start. Amoebas split their cells in two ( therefore doubling in size) once every minute. The jar will be completely filled in 10 minutes. How long would it take to fill the same sized jar if had 8 amoebas in it to start?

9 minutes

7. There are 100 golfers in the local match play contest. If a player loses a match, he is immediately eliminated from the contest. How many matches will be played to determine the winner?

8. Two trains are on a head on collision course. The trains are currently 65 miles apart. The north bound train is traveling at 55 miles per hour and the south bound train is traveling at 80 miles per hour. What is the distance between the trains two minutes before they collide?

I hate questions like these...

I'm not even gonna bother ;D

9. A car travels at a speed of 30 mph over a certain distance, and then returns over the same distance at a speed of 20 mph. What is the average speed for the total trip?

23 and a third mph

10. A woman has 100 yards of cloth on a single roll, and she wants to divide it into 100 lengths of 1 yard each. It takes her 3 seconds to cut each length. Working non-stop, how long will it take her to cut all 100 pieces?

4 minutes 57 seconds

11. Find a simple method of solving:
6751X + 3249Y = 26751
3249X + 6751Y = 23249

X = 3 and Y = 2

I just did a bit of trial and error  ;D

12. Two friends decide to get together; so they start riding bikes towards each other. They plan to meet halfway. Each is riding at 6 MPH. They live 36 miles apart. One of them has a pet carrier pigeon and it starts flying the instant the friends start traveling. The pigeon flies back and forth at 18 MPH between the 2 friends until the friends meet. How far does the pigeon travel?

54 miles

13. Nick and John were exercising when the subject of weight came up. Nick had no problem telling John his weight, but John said he had more "mass" than he wanted. He wouldn't come right out and reveal his weight; so he told Nick this riddle. " I weigh 147 pounds plus half of my weight," he said. How much does he weigh?

294 pounds

14. A farmer knows that 20 of his hens, housed in 3 coops, will hatch 30 eggs in 18 days. How long will it take 30 hens, housed in 4 coops to hatch the same number of eggs?

Pass.

15. How can you measure 1 gallon of juice out of a barrel, if all you have available is a 3-gallon and a 5-gallon pitcher?

Fill the 5 pitcher, then fill the 3 pitcher with the 5 pitcher. Empty the 3 pitcher and pour the 2 gallons that are in the 5 pitcher. 1 gallon is the empty space in the 3 pitcher :D

16. Students at Monty High with a class size under of 30 took a math test. One third of the class got a "B", one quarter a "B-", one sixth a "C", and one eighth failed. The remainder of the students got an "A" How many students got an "A"?

17. When manufacturing bars of soap, the cutting machine produces scraps. The scraps from 11 bars of soap can be made into one extra bar. What is the total number of bars that can be made after cutting 250 bars of soap?

18. Kerry loves dumplings. He can eat 32 of them in an hour. His brother Pete needs 3 hours to eat the same amount. How long will it take them both together to eat 32 dumplings?

45 minutes

19. Joe bought a bag of oranges on Monday, and ate a third of them. On Tuesday he ate half of the remaining oranges. On Wednesday he looked in the bag to find he only had two oranges left. How many oranges were originally in the bag?

20. Joan and Jane are sisters. Jean is Joan's daughter and 12 years younger than her aunt. Joan is twice as old as Jean. Four years ago, Joan was the same age as Jane is now, and Jane was twice as old as her niece. How old is Jean?

Bakster

Wow, was expecting at least half of them to have been attemped... :-\

ultswordsman

ok how about we get back on track to  every1 ignore baksters and guts .... and  hafer post a riddle since you got 1 of guts right
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

SiR gUt

your wrong dodger, he looked in the mirror, saw what he saw, he used the saw, cut the table in half, 2 halfs make a whole, he jumped thru the whole, he played the piano and sang until his voice got hoarse, he jumped on the horse and he rode away

Bakster

Guest, are you gonna bother awarding me tons of points for my hard work put into your mostly pathetic puzzles?