• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Can't got to go. But here is what actually happned with Pandora...

"Epimetheus told Pandora never to open the box she had received from Zeus. However, one day, Pandora's curiosity got the better of her and she opened it, releasing all the misfortunes of mankind (plague, sorrow, poverty, crime, etc.). Once opened, she shut it in time to keep one thing in the box: hope. The world remained extremely bleak for an unspecified interval, until Pandora "chanced" to revisit the box again, at which point Hope fluttered out. Thus, mankind always has hope in times of evil, but Hope has a great deal of catching up to do."

Dodger

Quote from: Slayer_Z on October 07, 2005, 01:55:25 AM
Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance.  So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room.  A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5.  He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in.  The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends.  He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day!  Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night.  We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent.  Where did the other dollar go????

knock yourlelfs out. :D

Did this ridle at school, and I got it right, after quite a while. Don't have time to answer now though so you're lucky. Bye.

haferhole1

??? ??? i just saw this 1 looking 4 riddles, but cant think of the ansure!!!

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

ultswordsman

ok i know the clerk pocketed a dollar
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Slayer_Z

well told story dodger, I love greek mythology
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

haferhole1

im confused, i g2g anyway

The_Gu3st

If this thread gets larger than the Never-Ending thread, i'll be pissed. Lets Move the riddles back there? Lol...

ultswordsman

hey acctually paid 25$ for the night cuz of the 5$ over charge each guy gets 1% bak so thats 28$ bell hop steals to thats 30$ so there is no dollar missing but the bell hop has it so theres no missing dollar

Slayer_Z

Ults nailed another math one. there actually IS no missing dollar.
thy origanally paid 30 dollars, the bellhop took 5, making it 25.
he gave them 3 and pocketed 2, 25+3+2 is 30.
the problem lies in the mathmatical system we use.
It has a few flaws which people have been known to manipulate.
the proof is right here too, each person DID pay 9 dollary, 9 times 3 IS 27, 27+2 IS 29.
BUT they paid 30, and there is no missing dollar.
multibillion dollar companies can make millions exploiting the missing dollar when buying or selling, here is more proof. lets hear some opinions on this in a new post too, I think it'll be a good discussion.

The following night two friends check into the same motel. Once again the clerk charges them $30, or $15 per person. After the clerk remembers the total rate is only $25 he sends the bellhop upstairs with five $1 bills to pay the two friends back. The bellhop knows he got away with larceny once so he tries it again. But this time he pockets $3 and returns $2 to the hotel guests ($1 per guest). So each of the two guests got $1 back from their original $15. Therefore each paid $14 which is a total payment of $28 for the room. Now the bellhop has $3, the guests paid $28, for a total of $31....THERE'S THE MISSING DOLLAR!!!!

OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

ultswordsman

ultswordsman

wut thing can fall from the sky land on land
and stay on top of water

haferhole1

???

Dodger