• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

monster stats

Started by flamingdragon, April 15, 2005, 05:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

on the quick monster stats shown off to the side when you go over a monster(really like this feature :)) does not show ranged attack range. would really like it if it did.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

zzboots

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on April 16, 2005, 05:59:03 AM
Programmer soon or normal people soon?  ???

Ehm, yes, programmers tend to have quite long "soon" :) Let me quote a message from jagex site:
QuoteOur other multiplayer games will be returning soon in a new suite, but updated and improved with many new features

How long is this message there? One year? So I guess it's not so bad with me  ;)

ZAPTONE_Z

i think thats been up there for 3+ years at jag lol

mad_joker

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 17, 2005, 06:47:33 PM
i think thats been up there for 3+ years at jag lol

IT was before the game room update but after rs2 and the troll update.

dragon75

i hope they keep it like gamesdomain castle. and it would kick ass if they had the original cyberwars programming in the suite. :)
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

zzboots

Quote from: dragon75 on April 28, 2005, 09:45:03 PM
i hope they keep it like gamesdomain castle. and it would kick ass if they had the original cyberwars programming in the suite. :)

Jagex screwed its fans over.  Why would you want to go back.  ::)

<edit>
Plus, matlu is doing a fine job here.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

flamingdragon

If it did have CW in it, I would stay here. Its better. Here we can make sugestions and Matlu fixes the bugs. ;D
Adun Toridas, Executor.

ultswordsman

i agree with flamingdragon and ur great matlu   ( by the way when will we get alienblob)

matlu

Thank ok.
Ok, I'm going to work on alienblob, I hope I can finish it in few days.

T3h luggage

Quote from: zzboots on April 29, 2005, 12:17:10 AM
Jagex screwed its fans over.  Why would you want to go back.  ::)

<edit>
Plus, matlu is doing a fine job here.
Yeah, I hate jagex.  They made the castle, fine.  They made runescape, fine at first, untill it developed into a MEMBER PROMOTING PIECE OF CRAB!  After which, they removed other online games, prolly so as not to take away from runescape.  Plus, I'm a Tibia fan anyway.

BlitzJoker

QuoteThey made runescape, fine at first, untill it developed into a MEMBER PROMOTING PIECE OF CRAB!

This is the only thing I will back Jagex behind. I am not exacty fond of the company either.  But how else would they pay for such a large game with so much traffic, and in reality how many people actually click those banners on the side. And if you spent as much time as they must have, wouldn't you like to make mass sums of money too? I think they are smart for doing what they did.

BladeSabre

QuoteYeah, I hate jagex.  They made the castle, fine.  They made runescape, fine at first, untill it developed into a MEMBER PROMOTING PIECE OF CRAB!  After which, they removed other online games, prolly so as not to take away from runescape.  Plus, I'm a Tibia fan anyway.

Maybe they are going to put some of the online games back. It could just be a case of stuff taking 10 times as long as it was supposed to. It was Yahoo who really screwed us over!

BlitzJoker

QuoteIt was Yahoo who really screwed us over!

Figured maybe I would clear something else up too. I understand that I too used to petition against Yahoo, but this was only making an assumption. Yahoo is not at fault here, the end of Castle Gamesdomain was inevitable. The story with gamesdomain.com is that the company that owned gamesdomain.com (BTOpen) probably wanted more traffic, so they took advantage of Jagex's offer. Jagex offers games in a multiplayer suite for licencing, which they made a custom suite and sold it to BTOpen. The main problem as to why this didn't bring in more traffic was due to no bug updates, and also the lack of a practical way to reach the games from gamesdomain.com's homepage. Yahoo saw GamesDomain for what the traffic went their for, the game reviews, and offered them money. BTOpen most likely saw the diminishing crowd of the website, due to better review sites, and sold it.

So basically Jagex only allowed the "stripped" version of the basic games (no chat) on their site. They might have recently seen(by all the complaints) that the games needed updating, and they might be re-customizing it to fit their site.