• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Crusade

You have only 33% chance of killing either cyborg you shoot, so the most probable outcome will be both cyborgs being alive after your shot regardless of which cyborg you pick to shoot first. The probabilities of your survival from the 50% cyborg's shot will be the same if both cyborgs are alive, regardless of which you shoot first (If you exclude revenge factors).

So I only have to consider the chance of dying if you happen to kill whichever cyborg you shoot at.  Simple. If you kill the 50% cyborg, you have a 100% chance of dying. If you kill the 100% cyborg, you have a 50% chance of dying.

So shoot the 100% cyborg!

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

OK, shoot the 50% cyborg.

I WIN!

flamingdragon

NO EXPLANATION
I agree with your first answer but it's just not the given one.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

It's quite simple maths. The given explanation will be a load of crap, twisting the realms of logic to it's extremities.

flamingdragon

so your giving up?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

I'm right, but I want to see the stupidity of the given answer.

Dodger

You're a cyborg in a pistol duel with two other cyborgs. You have been programmed to fire pistols with an accuracy of 33%. The other two cyborgs shoot with accuracies of 100% and 50%, respectively. the rules of the duel are one shot per-cyborg per-round. the shooting order is from worst shooter to best shooter. thus, you go first, the 50% guy goes second, and the 100% guy goes third; repeat. if a cyborg dies, we just skip his or her turn, obviously. what should you shoot at in round 1 to maximize your chances of survival over time?

Does one hit kill?

Why would anyone make a borg that fires with 33% accuracy if you are able to make one with 100% accuracy? :P

flamingdragon

Yes, one hit kills.

And to see who would win obviously.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

What's the damn answer?!/1//11/?

flamingdragon

I would tell u, but dodger posted so he has to give up now to.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

th3_gu3st

shoot them both... if they are are straight ahead of each other or back to back fire and ull kill them both 1 bullet if you hit

flamingdragon

nope, and play Dodger already!!!!
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

o nevermind, ur ults.
That's really annoying having ur name so close to his.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

Do u give up Dodger?
Adun Toridas, Executor.