• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Tolerance

Started by Parsley, September 12, 2005, 05:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

This community is becoming fairly abusive and, worse, unfriendly.

I understand that it is only a rather potty mouthed minority, rather than the respectful majority.

So I would like to suggest a zero tolerance rule to undue flaming, at least until some of these long-running arguments have died down somewhat.

Any such behaviour should result in that person's points being reduced to 0. 

Bakster

Personally, I couldn't care less if someone flames me on the internet.

Parsley

The thickness of your skin aside...

A well balanced community provides a compelling reason for many people to stick to games such as CB. 

This community is fairly abrasive at the moment.

matlu

Parsley, you are right, and that's why you've been made a forum moderator. You are allowed to shoot at sight (lock topics, delete posts, topics, and probably also users, I'm not sure :) I don't care as long as you don't delete myself  ;D )

<edit>the truth is that I always tried to read every single post, but recently I just look at most of them very briefly, especially when it's clear at first sight that they are not very relevant

Bakster

*Rushes to make a post in order to become a moderator*

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on September 12, 2005, 06:15:15 PM
*Rushes to make a post in order to become a moderator*
sorry, you still have "spam in can" sticker in my eyes  ;)

Bakster

Forgot about that...but don't wanna be a mod anyway :P

BlitzJoker

....................................Wasn't it parsley who started the post "Big King Flamer" to piss everyone off?

To tell you the truth I think, more than anyone, AWS should be a moderator.

AWS2

Thanks for the support Blitz.
I am a Happy Turtle! ;)

BlitzJoker

Quote from: AWS2 on September 12, 2005, 10:36:50 PM
Thanks for the support Blitz.

;) I have never seen you flame anyone, or ever be biased.

Oh and to further my point.(see picture below) 20% of duelboard's active forum members think Parsley should be banned. He was 2nd highest, and considering some of the votes for zz are passion driven, he could be first. But the poll says 2nd so I'll leave it at that. In that poll alone Parsley flamed on more than one instance in the responses.

Matlu I think you should look past his one good natured post, and rethink your decision.......

Dodger

But most of the votes he recieved were from people mad at him for putting them in the Poll!  :)

BlitzJoker

Quote from: Dodger on September 12, 2005, 11:17:55 PM
But most of the votes he recieved were from people mad at him for putting them in the Poll! :)

Can you support this statement?

Dodger

Quote from: bakster
I voted for Parsley because you included me in the poll

Okay, at least one person :D I just thought others may have.

The_Gu3st

Anima only voted for me because I said he should be up there with the rest... I know that a few people voted for parsley because he started that poll.

CAN EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR PARSLEY PLEASE POST HERE AND WHY YOU DID IT? THANKS.

Personally, I'm 100% behind matlu, I told him we needed mods. The next step now is to put a Mod into the game itself.

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on September 13, 2005, 12:03:48 AM
CAN EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR PARSLEY PLEASE POST HERE AND WHY YOU DID IT? THANKS.
See my sig.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo