• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Kill Forumula?

Started by MetalGear822, November 27, 2006, 08:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

......The only problem is they get lucky as hell and beat me with that stupid crap.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Quote from: SiR gUt on November 28, 2006, 11:34:14 PM
yah crusade play me 20 games i bet i kill you 18+ times, see how much luck it really is

Obviously, as I am extremely unlucky as evident by my last 934820598482058 games. I would be lucky to get one win.

MetalGear822

Well how could this kill formula be accurate? I was killed twice in three games once by a tanks range while i had symbiont 6-2 3.3% chance and the other by a laser while i had force armor 8-4 again 3.3% chance. ????? the kill formula on paper looks perfectly fine but experimentally it just doesn't seem to be true. YOUR BAD JUJU PALES BEFORE MINE!

flamingdragon

It's a game of luck.  ::)

(And I put another pox upon ur house for saying that to me in the first place!)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

Quote from: MetalGear822 on December 01, 2006, 05:38:43 AM
Well how could this kill formula be accurate? I was killed twice in three games once by a tanks range while i had symbiont 6-2 3.3% chance and the other by a laser while i had force armor 8-4 again 3.3% chance. ????? the kill formula on paper looks perfectly fine but experimentally it just doesn't seem to be true. YOUR BAD JUJU PALES BEFORE MINE!

honestly i agree with him on this... for some reason i think there is a flaw in the kill forumula that matlu could never find.... because the deaths from range attacks on armor and what not happens way to often, unluck Games Domain Cyber Wars
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

flamingdragon

There is no flaw, he just got really unlucky, I have had my force-armoured commander killed by a turret, and have been killed by a probe twice.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Karm5000

haha poor probed dragon boy...all the probing over the years must be getting to him. ;)

anyway nice to hear from sir gut again and I think the kill forumal works but just not in the way it was intended. True that skill is thrown out the window when you battle in a game of CB but I find it hard to believe that luck is everything. Sometimes you have to weigh things in your favour so much that a beam down of a queen is actually possible within a % of error. I wonder about how the beam down method works let alone all this kill formula chatter.
Its just my opinion deal with it for I will change the world.

Karm5000

flamingdragon

The beam down method just plain works the % it says it will work.
And the kill formula has been said: IF (str + 1d5) >= (def + 1d6) THEN kill

And the game is not 100% luck, it is about 75% luck, I believe.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

There is no 'flaw' with the formula. It works how it should work. You should all go and learn some basic probability.

As for the beam down percentages, they use a RNG (Random Number Generator) which generates a number from 0-9.

For example, a 20% beam down, if the number generated is 2 or more, then it will fail.
An 80% beam, if the number generated is 8 or 9, then it will fail.

I'm pretty sure that's right. Matlu explained it somewhere.

Dodger

Seeing as that post would probably be flamed with you saying,

"YAH BUT OMG I GOT KILD BY PROBE LIK 3 TIMEZ IN A ROW!!111"

I thought I would provide this mathematical definition of probability:

QuoteTo give a mathematical meaning to probability, consider flipping a "fair" coin. Intuitively, the probability that heads will come up on any given coin toss is "obviously" 50%; but this statement alone lacks mathematical rigor. Certainly, while we might expect that flipping such a coin 10 times will yield 5 heads and 5 tails, there is no guarantee that this will occur; it is possible, for example, to flip 10 heads in a row.

So shut the hell up.

Dodger

Sorry to keep multiposting, but.... One thing you could question is the validity of the RNG.

I've never thought about this before, as I consider the formula to be fine, but the way the RNG 'randomly' generates the numbers could be questioned.

As far as my knowledge (vast though it is ;)) reaches, an RNG can be of two types, one that measures a physical phenomenon that is expected to be random and somehow generates a random number from it. Or algorithms that produce long sequences of random numbers, which only appear to be random...
Uhhh...the second one I think has some kind of trigger or seed, from which it generates the algorithms, such as the computers clock.

Either way...I don't think you can really debate the difference of the method from CGD...That is about as random as we can get.

k thx bai xxxx

The_Crusade

Conclusion:

THIS GAME IS 100% LUCK!

SabreWulf

Ultimately there is no such thing as random. Even the most unpredictable forces have a predictable pattern, heck even the chaos theory has a structure.

The random number generator is close to random ;)

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Quote from: SabreWulf on December 07, 2006, 10:48:13 PM
Ultimately there is no such thing as random. Even the most unpredictable forces have a predictable pattern, heck even the chaos theory has a structure.

The random number generator is close to random ;)

That's what I said  :P